Friday, October 17, 2008

Have Faith!


Both of these cakes were lovely. I believe the yellow was for a confirmation and the purple was for a baptism. I really liked the pink and yellow one...Thought it was pretty.

I think if you look hard, you can tell that the purple one was a first attempt, versus the yellow and pink coming a few years later. The lines are much cleaner and the roses were more defined.
Sometimes it's nice to see progress :O)

It is really an honor to be asked to make cakes for such special events and I take pride in the fact that I get to be a part of people's special memories. It is such a great feeling when I deliver the cake. You are your own worst critic, and I always find flaws in what I do, but others are always so gracious and thankful. That is a wonderful feeling. I always tell people, the best compliment anyone can ever give me is that they love the food I feed them!

Cross Cake with buttercream or whipped cream
Serves 12 $2.25 per person
Fondant or royal icing additional

No comments: